Easy Zucchini Recipe
Zucchini has got to be one of the most versatile vegetables I can think of! I have made pasta out of Zucchini using a Spiral Slicer, added it to ground turkey or beef with carrots for an added nutritional bonus, made muffins or zucchini bread, etc. Zucchini is very mild in taste which is why it is easy to add to a variety of dishes.
Fortunately, my kids love it which is also a bonus! I, on the other hand, am very picky with my zucchini! If it is over cooked in the least, I can’t eat it. It needs to still have a little crunch. Over cooking zucchini is, unfortunately, very easy to do. When sautéing, its is done in about 3 minutes, any more than that, I cannot eat it! This is why I love this dish! The zucchini isn’t sautéed, but baked, so it doesn’t get soggy. The tomatoes, fresh cheese and basil also add so much flavor to the zucchini, it is such a delicious dish, with minimal calories! Enjoy this easy zucchini recipe as an appetizer, or side dish.
Margherita Zucchini Sticks
- four Zucchini’s
- two to four small tomatoes
- 6 to 8 basil leaves
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated Parmesan
- Himalayan or Sea Salt
- Wash Zucchini and cut in half.
- Drizzle and brush with olive oil.
- Add sliced tomatoes and salt.
- Add Cheeses.
- Place in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes
- Cut basil leaves and sprinkle on top just before serving.